Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Moving Up to the Clouds - Tool 4

Today, I met with friends from my team to work on Tool # 4 which was all about working with Google Docs.  I created a sample IEP goal within Google Docs and shared it with Amanda and Renee.  Amanda and I shared each others document and had a real live chat about each of our documents.  Amanda shared with me a sample behavior chart that I can use with her students when they come to my class for reading instruction.  We also used Google Forms to create a question and e-mailed the questions to each other and are waiting for it to post so we can respond.  My question was "What is your favorite vacation destination?" and I gave four choices in list form. I enjoyed using  Google Docs today and found it very user friendly.  I can see using the documents to communicate with my team especially when we are writing IEP's for our shared students.  We can share the IEP's and chat and even edit when necessary to get a measurable goal to use for our students.  I like the idea of using the forms to create a question of the day that my students can answer each morning they come to my class.  We can then discuss everyone's answer since the answers are posted in a spreadsheet.  When I'm working with small groups and a student arrives early, they can pull up the question of the day and answer while they're waiting for their group to begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment